Monday, May 09, 2005

Pedal, Push and Carry


There is a little hill south of Loudoun hill and Darvel called Wedder Hill (434m), I decided to visit it over King Moss and Laird Knowe.I have been that way before but not all the way to the hill, now I am reminded why, it was 50% push, a 1km carry, and soggy. On route I came across an old plane wreck below the hill, there wasn't much left of it an engine and some framework.
The view from Wedder hill was great, Heads of Ayr, Arran, Galloway hills, Cairn Table, Tinto, Ben Lomond and the highlands. If you chose to go make sure its been dry for at least a week and it's a clear day.
Came down over Hart Hill along the edge of the trees and caught the forest track on Anderside hill out to Burnhead and back to the car at Loudoun Hill.
Then went and visited the Walace sculpture near the car park.
I enjoyed the outing but it's no new route.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jinxx said...

I see that you had a visit from the puncture fairy

6:34 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

I needed to change the tyre anyway but it still pi**es my off.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Jinxx said...

Better it happened at home than out on the trail, oh the joys taking off a tyre covered in mud, and then putting back on

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter