Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Kelburn loop



Stopped raining at 11.30 so thought I'd risk a cycle, checked the windmills out the kitchen window and wind was SE so that meant beach first to get wind assist.

Down the beach with a following wind, it was devoid of the usual walkers and dogs, up Goldenberry where my fern bashing seems to be keeping the trail open.
Cycled along and into Kelburn up the tarmac then down to Fairlie glen behind the castle.
The trail is muddy again after the days rain.
On the way back it was still bright so went up the moor road and part into the quarry to get a good downhill run.
Back home at 2.45, the bike was in bad need of a good clean so hosed it down and left it out to dry.
The headset sounds a bit rough also I need to sort the chain suck on the small ring which just started today, and the brakes need new pads, and the rear wheel spokes a bit of tensioning. I think that's all but can't tell till I get to it, I'll have another cup of tea and maybe do some of it. Then again maybe I'll leave it till tomorrow, better check the forecast.

PS managed to do the brakes and the chain suck before tea, weather looks OK for tomorrow, well not raining, think I'll have a look at a road route somewhere closeby.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jinxx said...

looked at the weather forecast myself and does appear that there will be some dry periods, so i will be going out and hoping that they have it right this time

9:00 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

They didn't. Abandoned my plans and went for a walk instead.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Jinxx said...

I just sat in and looked out of the window daydreaming, and tomorrow does not look any better than today.

Wheres all this global warming we keep hearing about, if i dont start to see some sunshine soon, i will be out the back with my CFC laden aerosol spraying like mad

6:47 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

Watch out there, CFC stuff is the one that destroys ozone and give you skin cancer, what you nee is methane so just get out and fart as much as you can. It will help you go faster as well getting away from the pong.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter