Monday, June 06, 2005

Moniaive and St Johns Dalry



I set off this morning in the car but at the first crossroads I got a real shock, the car brakes were knackered!
Fortunately I was not going fast and no harm done but promptly about turned round to borrowed my wifes car.
Only a little delayed Graham and I took the bikes in the car down to Carspairn, unpacked and headed off for Moniaive on the B729, by a fortunate navigation error (neglecting the map) after the pub stop in Moniaive we headed down the A702 to St Johns Town of Dalry, what a fabulous road, extremely quiet, and hugely scenic. There's another pub in Dalry but we opted for an ice cream while sitting on a wall in the warm sun, before heading back to Carsphairn on the minor road past Kendoon hostel.

What a fabulous route and day out, it will definately find its way into my web site.


View pictures of todays route here

1 Comments:

Blogger Jinxx said...

Thanks for the advice, will try that and then head out tomorrow

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter