Friday, November 18, 2005

Dalmellington routes combined








Combined a number of routes from Dalmellington today, starting at Loch Doon, to Dalmellington, Patna, Straiton, Loch Bradan and back.
Lovely frosty weather but I was in shorts for a spell in the sun, soon put layers back on in the trees on route to Straiton. In the forest the ground was surprisingly soft, I was plunging through the frosty layer into deep mud, so took the forest road rather than the ride.
Going over from Bradan to Doon the path was jacked up with the frost making some parts hard to cycle, you just can't win sometimes.
Great day out, view pictures here and a route description here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Overton said...

Great photos. I check your blog out every once in a while. I worked in Scotland for a time and hike the West Highland Way. It was an amazing journey. I often check your blog just so I can see your photos. Loch Doon was actually where I trained for the hike. Blessings.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

Nice to hear from you. I consider myself very lucky to have the time and the location to do all this outdoors stuff (when the weathers right).

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter