Saturday, September 23, 2006

Windmill route



Stair inn

Yesterday Anne and I had a very pleasant stroll through Failford nature reserve to Stair along the new River Ayr track. At Stair Inn we had a light lunch before the return trip. There were lots of fungi to be seen, Anne fancies getting a fungi spotters book and I was thinking of starting a fungi photo collection, it would be good at this time when the flowers are fading.

Today we had a strole up to Greta falls behind Largs, its a nice spot but the walks a bit short and unless you climb the hill to make a loop its out and back.
Took a few photos and may post them shortly once I've played about with them.

PM was looking really nice so got out the MTB about 1.30 and set off for the windfarm, ended up going over both windfarms and then Kaim Downhill, got back just before 5pm. Up on the hill there were a couple of fell runners going down the trail in front of me, much to my disgust they just ran away from me downhill, I'd like to think I had more fun but it did make me think (for a second or two) I'd be better without the bike but that thought didn't last!

View photos here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter