Monday, September 25, 2006

Eaglesham trail



Gleniffer view

Yesterday it just rained and rained and rained, Anne and I had a little jaunt up to Waterstones book shop in Glasgow for a bit of browsing and lunch.

Today didn't look too promising but I put the bike on the car and went over to Neilston to check out the trail to Eaglesham, it all worked out OK the trail I was interested in turned out to be a footpath which was good as it went through two farms and I even managed to skirt round Eaglesham off road. I ran out of time so couldn't do a circuit but I'm happy with the trails I found, they are part of a trail round East Ayrshire that I'm investigating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jinxx said...

There are some new paths opened at Maybole, only spotted them on the South Ayrshire website today, will have to go down and have a look.

Done all but one of the trails at Straiton, and they do make an intersting loop

1:04 AM  
Blogger Whee said...

Straiton's a nice area but a bit small in itself but has some nice routes out to Dailly and Patna.
The South Ayrshire web site doesn't have much info on the paths so it will be nice to get more detail.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter