Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Almost there














Chaffinch at RSPB Lochwinnoch

Continuing the theme of East Ayrshire today I went with MTB on the car to Neilston to follow my East Ayrshire route across to Lochwinnoch, my it was hard work.
I made the mistake of going up Killoch Glen, I should have remembered how rubbish it is, stile after stile unridable stairs and equally unrideable climbs, all to avoid 1.5km of tarmac road.
The view from Brownside hill was absolutely wonderful all the way across to the Campsie fells.
The highlight of the day was the marvellous Brandy Burn Way down to Johnstone, twisty fast singletrack, but then there was the road slog back, however I stopped off at the RSPB Lochwinnoch and got a couple of nice pictures of birds and a couple of cup of coffee to keep me going.

Pictures here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter