Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Muirshiel Ladymuir and Parkhill
















Splash on Muirshiel


After a bit of map perusal yesterday I eventually settled on a mountain bike route up at Muirshiel way above Lochwinnoch. There is a great hard trail across the moor toward Kilmacolm but instead of returning the same way I wanted to have another look at the Ladymuir trail for a way back.
I did it a couple of years back and wondered if it might have been improved, well it hasn't, its still a slog on soft ground for about a kilometer so it won't be finding its way into my web site as a route.
I enjoyed the rest of it though, there are some great splashes on the moor and the run off Windy Hill is great.
The loop only took a couple of hours so I decided to pay a visit to Parkhill wood on the way home. There's a rhododendron maze high up on the east side of Parkhill and I went up to see if I could get the bike through some of it. It was good fun looping through the 'tunnels' of flowering rhododendron, so inspite of the bogs of Ladymuir I still had a very enjoyable mountain bike outing.

View SB video here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter