Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bird video
















The weather was a bit too showery and for the bike yesterday so Anne and I went up to Lochwinnoch to wander the bird hides for me to try to snatch a few video clips.
With all the recent rain the paths around the loch were flooded, even with wellies we couldn't get all the way along and unfortunately the birds didn't want to be photograghed and stayed hidden in the main. I did manage some video around from the visitor centre and had a little huddle of people around me interested in the idea of taking photos through a spotting scope, also was lucky enough to see a male hen harrier flying over the loch, maybe thats why the birds were so shy.
After lunch I went off down Hunterston and Fairlie shores to try my luck there and got some nice clips of redshank and oystercatcher. Some bird photos here.

I've decided to transfer to YAHOO for video as the uploaded results are far superior to YouTube.


View my other videos here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jinxx said...

Got to admit you are right about the Yahoo video function, it loads much quicker, and the quality is better.
The bird one was intersting, kind of relaxing, although the noise of the birds giving it laldy, drove the cat insane

Glad to see that you are embedding the videos in your blog, much easier to watch

8:43 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

Its just another little thing to do outdoors, sort of two hobbies in one, birding and photography.
I'm puting an attachment onto my spotting scope to try and reduce camera shake. When its zoomed in I can see my heart beat on the camera, its kind of difficult to stop that particular shake.
Thats tomorrows little project while its pouring and blowing a gale. I've already done the Blue Peter bit of making it out of cardboard to check its going to be OK.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter