Friday, July 06, 2007

Watching a spider


















The weather has been a bit unpredictable recently and the bugs have been awful so haven't been out on the MTB much although I've been up the Kaim downhill and the windfarm but thats about it.
Was down trying to see the Peregrine Falcons at the local crags but they were nowhere to be seen so I spent some time watching bugs and came across several spiders over water pools.
They had good webs with a little silk thatched hide away at one end.
One of the spiders was busy feeding on a bug in the middle of the web so took some video of the goings on and it can be viewed here.

Turned out one of the peregrines was in the grass behind me and I only noticed when it flew off, there's a lesson somewhere here I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter