Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Indstrial archaeology and moorland



I thought it might be an interesting walk from Muirshiel out to the old shooting railway on the moor, there's a good track toward Kilmacolm I've cycled a few times and generated a web page for the route here.
The last time I was there it looked as if it might be easy walking....wrong again...
Anne and I followed it round then cut across the moor to the old mine below Hill of Stake and back along the easy track to Muirshiel.



If anyone thinks they may go that way take my advice - don't! or just go out and back along the track toward Kilmacolm, be warned though it is a bit dull (better by far on the MTB).


In a perverse sort of way I enjoyed the walk, but as Anne tells me I'm just a bit strange, she may be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter