Monday, June 16, 2008

Irvine valley trails














Carriage by the river at Lanfine

Graham requested a MTB trail outing yesterday with as little climbing as possible. He'd been ripping out a bathroom and was feeling a bit stiff, so we went across to do some trails in the Irvine valley thinking they would fit the bill.
Can't say it worked out that way though we were out for 5hours and my new birthday GPS shows we did 48km and 816m of climbing. What it doesn't show is the bramble scratches we got on the old railway at Newmilns and beside the river at Galston.
To be fair though these were little investigations of trails we hadn't been before and aren't likely to go again considering the results.

The GPS thing I'm playing with but I think I'll buy the micro SD card giving the GB topographical map then I'll never be lost again...ahem. I did a couple of tracklog things for routes on my website, uploaded them and checked they download into map and GPS, all seems to work. Check it out here.

Similar Irvine valley route here except we started at Kilmarnock and missed the eastern loop out.

SB Video can be viewed here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter