Monday, December 18, 2006

A day of scenery and birdlife












Seamill shore

Today was a day to admire the scenery, magnificently clear and still, just fabulous.
Anne and I went a walk through West Kilbride Glen to Seamill shore, in seconds we had seen seals watching us watching them, a fabulous view of Arran draped in cloud and seabirds a plenty, Razorbill, Shag, Grey Heron, Merganser, Grey Wagtail but strangely no waders, scared off by the pedestrians I expect.
PM went out on the mountain bike and again it was spot the birdie, lots of buzzards, fieldfare, and a Great Spotted Woodpecker up near Knockendon.
It was so nice I couldn't resist going up Kaim Hill for the downhill run even though I knew I'd get totally mud splatted, but it was worth it.
Finished over Goldenberry and back along the beach with a lovely sunset, it's great just to get out there and see it all.

I recorded a short video and took a few photos as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter