Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Kaim Hill day


Kaim quarry

After my six hours on the bike Thursday yesterday morning I hadn't much notion for cycling even though it was a lovely day.
Instead I decided to go for a trail maintenance walk up into Kaim quarry.
I layed a few rocks on some soft stuff and bridged a little burn with a slabby boulder but basically just enjoyed the view and the sunny weather.

PM after weeding our little pond enthusiasm for the bike had returned and I decided to go visit the Kaim downhill via scary Glentane, quite a slog.
The trail wasn't too wet and the 1100ft downhill was fabulous as always.
From the top of the hill I could see a tug on the Clyde towing what looked like a huge cup and saucer first in one direction then in the other, a queer site.

On the way up to Crosbie and Glentane I saw some chaps on the 400kv cables three of them on little dangling motorised buggies attached to the overhead lines moving back and forward finshing off the cables. Tough old job being a linesman high up exposed to all sorts of weather.

Just timed it nicely to meet Jim an old cycling chum on the way back through Hunterston for a blether on the way home.

Kaim downhill route description

A Kaim hill video here

Some photos here

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hi there, I'm just browsing through random blogs and I just thought I'd let you know that I think yours is excellent!

Keep up the good work. :)

-Dave
Ontario, Canada

9:17 AM  
Blogger Whee said...

Thanks for taking the time to read it. Visit again sometime soon.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter