Monday, July 16, 2007

Scottish mountain bike through routes
















I've been amusing myself looking at OS mapping and trying to work out through routes based on some guide books I've acquired over a few years.
The results suggest quite a lot of possibilities for multi day outings on the mountain bike all over Scotland.
I've spent even more time making maps and putting them on a site..
Now I'm spending yet more time linking that site to streetmap.co.uk maps to get OS info, just seems to go on and on.
Keeps me amused on wet days though and on good days I'll just have to get out there and cycle them, it could be a life's work.

The past week I've got out on the road bike over a couple of nice routes.
I like the road bike at this time of year its too fast for the bugs to catch and bite me and that little extra speed keeps me cool.
Kilmacolm loop andUplawmoor loop.
Both are great runs on nice quiet roads.

Its raining outside so I guess its back to the never ending map work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jinxx said...

One thing about working on online MTB trails in this weather, it gives us something to look forward to, if the weather ever clears up

1:32 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

It passes the time but its no substitute for riding the bike.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter