Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cycling the cuts and christmas shopping

















Clydeport sunset

It was another cold clear day and I had a plan.
Anne was off to a funeral with her mother so I had the opportunity to get up to Cardwell Bay and buy her a wind chime she'd admired a few weeks back, (admired with a christmas hint).
I put the MTB on the back of the car intending to get up to the Kelly cut above Wemyss Bay and maybe the Greenock cut if the weather held up.
The Kelly cut has been given a face lift and is now free of mud and ruts so gives a great ride round to Cornalees.
The Ardgour fishery cafe was open for a warm up and a bite of lunch before the hill climb over to the Greenock cut.
I expected that side of the hill (north) would be shady but luckily there was still some sun to warm me a little, lovely (cool) days cycle...great again!

Summer video of the cuts here.

Some photos here.

Route description here although I added this bit (route 1) as well

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter