Monday, November 24, 2008

Fabulous day outdoors


















Portencross castle from the pier rocks

WOW! what a fabulous day, didn't start that bright but it just kept getting better and better until there was hardly a cloud in the sky.
Anne and I had decided to go up to Skelmorlie for a walk but by the time we set off the sun was out and we changed plan in favour of a local walk over Goldenberry hill back via Portencross. Good decision, apart from a very cool breeze on the top of the hill it was great. We could see the frost on top of Goat Fell on Arran and snow on the Arrochar hills about 30miles north of us.

PM I got out on the mountain bike over to my favourite local downhill run on Kaim hill. The climb was a bit tough with all the soft ground but it was worth every bit of effort I put in. The view was wonderful and so was the downhill run out of the quarry all the way down to sea level 300m drop in 1.5km. I timed myself once at 18 minutes that time tells I'm no master of downhill but the payback is that the fun lasts just that little bit longer.

PPM Just as it got dark I nipped down to Portencross again to do a bit of photo light painting of the pier. Luckily the tide was out and I could get right below the pier for a great photo, well great is maybe a bit OTT but I'm very pleased with it.

Walking route here and MTB route here.


View todays photos here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great light painting pic at the pier.

T909

12:45 AM  
Blogger Whee said...

Thanks
I'm really enjoying the light painting thing it extends the photo day into the dark (if that makes any sense).

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter