Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Craigie and Stair











Stair Inn

Tom and I arranged a road cycle today as it looked nice and settled this morning.

For a little change of scene we took the bikes on the car over to Hays garden centre just south of Kilmarnock and more important just the other side of the dangerously busy A77.

From here the Ayrshire quiet lanes are all open to explore, we went off down by Ladykirk, over the hill with a nice view of Ayr, to Stair for a spot of lunch.
I do like to break up my cycle outings with a little refreshment stop somewhere along the way.

As we cycled toward Mauchline I kept my eyes open for River Ayr Walk signposts but there were none, so how anyone is supposed to find there way along it I have no idea, perhaps they'll appear soon.
We skirted Mauchline and then hit some hills over to Craigie village, great view north over Kilmarnock to Ben Lomond and the highlands.
Then it was a quick downhill run back to the car, a lovely sunny 2.5 hour cycle.

Todays pictures here.

Similar route description here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter