Saturday, September 15, 2007

A painfull fall













Woodland trail

A couple of days back I went galavanting on the MTB over some local technical trails. I've done them loads times before so you'd think no problem but things went just a bit badly on a steep drop. I got a little off line wobble at the bottom and at the next bend turned a bit early catching a rock hidden by some ferns, the front wheel instantly turned 90deg, the bike stopped on the spot and I flew over the bars downhill.
Unfortunately another little rock was poking up just where I landed and gave me a lovely grazed bruise on my hip. I didn't hurry to get up, just lay there cursing like blazes waiting for the pain to go away. It did eventually and I decided I'd have to go do the stupid thing again, second time I got the line right but it goes to show how unexpected accidents can be. I think there's a moral to this story somewhere but I'm not going there......

2 Comments:

Blogger Jinxx said...

Glad it was not a bad one, bet your first thoughts, after swearing a lot that is, is the bike ok?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

I honestly didn't give the bike a thought, it wasn't a thumping crash, for the bike at least, so I didn't expect a problem with bike other than realigning the handlebar which is a bit on the slack side.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter