Saturday, November 01, 2008

Road bike and Arran sunset
















Arran sunset from Fairlie moor

Two nice days on the road bike.
Tom and I started at Fularton wood down near Troon on a short cycle, part of what I like to call the backbone of Ayrshire leading up toward Barnwiell monument, great views in nice sunshine, lovely stuff sampling the delights of quiet Ayrshire lanes.
Just about 3 easy hours including a lunch stop at Hays Garden World and return through the lovely village of Symington with its Norman church.

Route description here except we shortened it considerably by cutting out all the eastern section.

Today the sun shone again, what a treat to get out on the road bike for another jaunt this time West Kilbride to Stewarton (lunch at the Coffee pot cafe) and back via Kilwinning Abbey for a few photos.
I was pleased as punch with my outing, I'll check if there is a route descripton on my web site....nope the nearest is this one so I may add a route to this page and link back meanwhile view my photos from the last few days here, oops they were supposed to be in the reverse order to that, oh well suppose its OK.
Unfortunately I haven't shot enough video recently to put one together.....maybe soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter