Saturday, December 13, 2008

Troon to Ayr and pinhole photos


















Tree and weed on the shore

Sky looked good to the south from home Thursday so we decided to have a stroll from Troon to Ayr. The sunny outlook didn't hold though cloud crept over and it got rather cool still nice though but strange light with half the sky blue and half overcast.

Friday I got down to Portencross to try out my pinhole camera. Its strictly speaking not a pinhole because its got a lens I've just put an f110 pinhole in where the diaphragm goes.
PM Anne was off to a work lunch, dropped the film off and collected it on the way back. Then I spent the next 24hours trying various ways to digitise the negatives. I finally got a negative scanner I bought about 4 years ago to work and got the things into flickr so its now possible to view the Troon Ayr walk and 'pinhole' photos here.

PS I was brousing (reminiscing) through my blog and thought it'd be nice to be able to link to a page from which all my slide shows could be viewed, mmmh looks like I've just given myself a little computer diversion. Now lets see........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came across this site with lots of tutorials on it that you might find handy.

http://www.pxlshots.com/blog/2008/12/34-essential-tutorials-to-get-started-with-digital-photography/

though from your pics i'm sure you know alot of it already.

t909

6:40 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

Thanks, looks a good site
I'll put some time aside to take a full look.
Its only a few days ago I came across a good tip that helps with panoramic shots. Keep the exposure on manual and make sure the camera ISN'T on auto white ballance. It's made my stitching of panoramas much easier.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter