Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Walking to Largs


















Buzzard on railway pylon near Largs

Cracking day again crisp and clear. Anne and I took ourselves of to Largs walking along the hillside. Takes between three and four hours but Largs has Craigmiles cafe which makes a fine end to a great walk.

View todays photo slideshow here.

Don't understand how to order these flickr photos I upload them in the order they were taken and flickr inverts them so I drag and drop to re-order them, next time I look there in some other random? order then when I make a slideshow its changed again. There maybe a pattern to this but I guess I'm not clever enough to see through it to the end of the line.

Walking route description can be viewed here.

PS made myself a pinhole camera this evening. There was an very old broken thing called a Cosmic Symbol (Russian I think) lurking in a cupboard. It'd been dropped on its face at some time by one of the kids.
I stripped out the lens, took it to bits and used a aluminium can to make a pinhole over the diaphragm. Re assembled it taping the broken bits in place with good old black insulating tape. Checked it against some bright lights and it seems to be focusing OK. Just have to make up an exposure table and give it a go.
Trouble is it costs money for film and developing but what the heck I expect I shan't be doing much with it.
















Ted admiring my 'new' pinhole camera

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the trail route at Culzean. Great pics as usual and good luck with the pin hole camera. I really need to go to Glenburn one day, the view is stunning.

t909

10:13 PM  
Blogger Whee said...

Just make sure you choose a nice clear day. If you cycle from Irvine come up Fairlie moor from Dalry then you'll get a great view just from the road (the climb is easier too). The view isn't as good as from the hillside but still great!

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe yeah i mind being about 12, cycling back from largs and thinking it would be a short cut back over hills. Bad idea on our 5 speed racers, fun going back down though.

t909

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter